I missed you last point in my reply.  getStaticType() is required to
underpin fundamental EMF behaviour.  Without it EMF's capacity to know
the class of an EObject (which all our DataObjects are derived from)
is broken for all static classes,  and that would break many SDO
behaviours, e.g. serialization, copying,  and I'm sure lots more.

Kelvin.