Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
[snip]
The online store tutorial application is now pretty much working.

[snip]
 the tutorial does not yet show how to distribute
the application across different containers like Tomcat or Geronimo. I think we should add that aspect too, I'll post some ideas on that in a different email.

I'm thinking of the following scenario to explore the distribution of a composition across multiple containers working together in an SCA domain.

Our online store fruit business is going to merge with a company that sells vegetables, same as in the original tutorial scenario.

But instead of providing the vegetable catalog as a Web Service in the Internet "service cloud", the vegetable company has implemented the catalog as an EJB session bean, in a JEE EAR running on Geronimo.

So we're going to have to represent the vegetable catalog EJB component in our store SCA domain and wire to it. We can probably follow what's described in http://www.osoa.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3980 for now.

Also, since we're re-composing the application anyway with this merger, we're going to offload our main server and push the fruit catalog component out to its own application server, a Tomcat server.

I put slides showing the original store merger and that new variation there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/tutorial/Tutorial-distributed-scenario.pdf

I think it will be interesting to walk through that scenario, understand the concrete steps to recompose the application and implement the merger, and... get it working :)

Thoughts?