On Nov 28, 2007 2:18 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> [snip]
> > The online store tutorial application is now pretty much working.
> >

> [snip]
> >  the tutorial does not yet show how to distribute
> > the application across different containers like Tomcat or Geronimo. I
> > think we should add that aspect too, I'll post some ideas on that in a
> > different email.
>
> I'm thinking of the following scenario to explore the distribution of a
> composition across multiple containers working together in an SCA domain.
>
> Our online store fruit business is going to merge with a company that
> sells vegetables, same as in the original tutorial scenario.
>
> But instead of providing the vegetable catalog as a Web Service in the
> Internet "service cloud", the vegetable company has implemented the
> catalog as an EJB session bean, in a JEE EAR running on Geronimo.
>
> So we're going to have to represent the vegetable catalog EJB component
> in our store SCA domain and wire to it. We can probably follow what's
> described in http://www.osoa.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3980 for
> now.
>
> Also, since we're re-composing the application anyway with this merger,
> we're going to offload our main server and push the fruit catalog
> component out to its own application server, a Tomcat server.
>
> I put slides showing the original store merger and that new variation
> there:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/tutorial/Tutorial-distributed-scenario.pdf
>
> I think it will be interesting to walk through that scenario, understand
> the concrete steps to recompose the application and implement the
> merger, and... get it working :)
>
> Thoughts?
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

> Hi Sebastien

If I understand this correctly it looks like a reasonable way to extend the
Fruit&Veg scenario. In the current scenario I believe that the catalog
services, when run from the "cloud" module are running as part of the
distributed domain but rely on the embedded Jetty support . So let me
confirm that you are suggesting three new things

1. creating implementation.ejb to support the Vegetable catalog
2. choosing a different hosting option in order to deploy SCA applications
to a Geronimo server such that they take part in the SCA domain
3. choosing a different hosting option in order to deploy SCA applications
to a Tomcat server such that they take part in the SCA domain

At the moment I'm in the middle of the domain enhancements to tidy the
service discovery mechanisms we have already discussed but am keen to help
get this up and running when I'm done (hopefully I'll finish by current
changes today).

Regards