Giorgio Zoppi wrote:

2007/11/28, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Giorgio Zoppi wrote:

One of the first problem that i had, when I started using Tuscany, was that
I was serialize something without a mapping, because I wanted that a
job was something
more generics possible, i couldn't.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "serialize something without
a mapping"? Isn't there always a mapping like:

- Java serialization -> mapping between Java Objects that implement
Serializable and bytes, as specified in the Java Object Serialization
specification at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/serialization/spec/serialTOC.html

or

- XML serialization -> mapping between Java Objects that follow
specified patterns and XML, as specified (for example) in the JAXB
specification at http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxb.html

or

- Java support for Externalizables -> mapping between Java Objects and
whatever protocol the implementor of the read/writeExternal methods
decides to implement, again here somebody needs to describe and publish
that mapping if he wants a chance to talk to other components, or at
least publish the mapping between the bytes read/written and a known
type system.

Can you say a little more about what you were trying to do and the
specific issues that you ran into?

Thanks

Java Serialization ala Serializable, for mapping I wanted to say: xml
mapping ala JAXB. At that time, I thought that a simple POJO, was
serialized by the SCA's runtime, over  web services. In our dept.
we've a java tool (muskel, see
www.di.unipi.it/~marcod/Papers/Parco05.ppt) that serializes Jobs via
RMI, and I wanted to do something similar, without any XML mapping.
Thanks,
Giorgio.

Tucsany SCA Java includes an RMI binding.  This should do what you
want.  Can you use that instead of the Web Service binding?