Raymond Feng wrote:
Hi,

I have checked in the first cut under http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=601501&view=rev. With these changes, we now use JAXB databinding to deal with POJOs (including simple and complex types). By the JAXB Java to XML default mapping, POJOs are supported in line with the JavaBeans patterns with the flowing rules.

1) There is a protected or public no-arg constructor
2) A property is either a public field or public setter & getter. Even for Collection type, the setter is required.
3) The property can not be an interface
4) Circular object reference is not supported
5) References to the same object are flattened

One caveat is that it brings the jaxb-api and jaxb-impl as core dependencies (about 1MB). We could try to implement the default Java/XML mapping by ourselves if that's desirable.

There are also other things we need to improve, for example, how to render a JAXB object as XMLStreamReader. The quick and dirty way is to marshal the JAXB object into a byte array and create XMLStreamReader out of it. We could even use the fast-infoset to help the performance of the round trip.

Great Thanks!

Now that we have the external behavior right I should be able to clean up the store scenario.

+1 for improving and optimizing the implementation over time.

If anybody is interested it would be nice to get concrete performance numbers at some point, analyze the numbers and define performance objectives. This should help understand what needs to be optimized.