Thank you for your reply, Mike:

I agree with you, your words are correct!

BUT, problem is: Tuscany needs more users, and Tuscany is not the biggest gold,
why users come to Tuscany?  One of the reasons should be adaptability . Users
has big lot of technology in use before Tuscany (include JNDI).

My proposal is just one of the ways that will make users fill easier to come
upon Tuscany's framework, Of course, there is better methodology like you
addressed here.
But most of the time, the best is not the most popular.

Best regard.

Mike Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi,

Some thoughts and questions.

When you talk about making "TM easier", are you talking about the
interface that the end-user see or are you talking about the Tuscany
developer who is trying to put together this functionality?

Today, in Java, TM is mostly about JEE and JEE makes heavy use of JNDI.
  However, I have a concern that this is exposed to end-users (ie
programmers of business applications).  SCA is trying to move away from
this kind of "plumbing in the application" to a model where the
programmer simply asks for what is needed and it is up to the runtime to
provide the facilities in whatever way it chooses.  That is the
intent/policySet model.

So, if your intention is to design the TM implementation within Tuscany,
hidden from the end-users, then I can see the attraction, given that
most of the available TM software is based around JNDI.  However, I hope
that this can be "hidden under the covers".

Yours,  Mike.