[snip]
Simon Laws wrote:

Looking at what we have at the moment the main issue I'm having is with
Saxon. implementation-bpel depends on 8.7 and other parts of Tuscany, e.g.
xml-bigbank, have a dependency on 9.0.0.2. I tried bringing
implementation-bpel up to 9.0.0.2 with no luck. Is there someone who has
been working on these areas that can advise how we can rationalize.

The result at the moment is that we end up with a mixed set of jar versions
added to the distribution and hence some of the samples/demos can't find the
jars they require. I can't determine exactly how the jars are chosen. It
could be the first or last module to specify a dependency or something else
as we get some jars at 8.7 and some at 9.0.0.2. Can someone tell me how the
distribution build chooses which jar version to ship.

Thanks

Simon

The ODE runtime used by Tuscany's implementation-bpel is built with saxon 8.7 (look for saxon in [1]).

In Tuscany v1.0.1 implementation-xquery and databinding-saxon worked with saxon 8.7.

I'd suggest to try saxon 8.7, implementation-xquery from trunk or v1.0.1, databinding-saxon from Tuscany v1.0.1.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk/Rakefile