To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 11:03 PM
Subject: Re: Bypassing unnecessary transforms by Tuscany databinding framework

Scott Kurz wrote:
Some examples of what I meant..

 For the service instance I'm invoking I'd like to know:
  * target JVM is it the same as the client instance?  (is this a
"Node" in Tuscany terms?, sorry of my ignorance)
  * target classloader  (if it's not the same or a child I can't do PBR)
  * target DB (if it's the same maybe I can do PBR)
  * is target annotated with @AllowsPBR

It looks like these are things that a binding knows about.

So, is it fair to say that it would be better to not have a magic databinding interceptor added automatically to the invocation chain and instead let the binding decide to copy or not or transform or not based on its knowledge of the target that it's talking to?