If this is just for itests then to keep runtime cleaner how about moving it
all out of the main runtime code into the maven-web-junit module? So move
WebTestRunner, XMLFormatter, add a new ITestTuscanyServletFilter that
extends the TuscanyServletFilter to add the /junit hook and revert
host-webapp, and the web.xml in the itest/services module can refer to the
new  ITestTuscanyServletFilter?

   ...ant