How about something like DataPassingStyle or DataPassingStrategy?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-Sebastien Delfino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: svn commit: r628163 - in /incubator/tuscany/java/sca: itest/interfaces/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/itest/interfaces/ itest/interfaces/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/itest/interfaces/ modules/binding-ejb/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/s

Raymond Feng wrote:
My preference is to keep PassByValue as the prefix for the following reasons.

1) The invokers implement this interface only for the cases to enforece pass-by-value for remotable interfaces. Invocations over local interfaces (pass-by-reference) don't even care about this flag.

2) The allowsPassByReference() method basically tells if it's safe to pass data as-is without violating the pass-by-value semantics.

Having a SomethingPassByValue interface provide an allowsPassByReference method is really confusing IMHO.

I think we should use a consistent terminology with either passByValue or passByReference but not a mix of both.

Initially, I was thinking about PassByValueInvoker but I found it a bit misleading as it doesn't extend from the Invoker interface.

OK, let's scratch Invoker. I'm OK with xyzAware instead of xyzInvoker.

Just my 2c.