Raymond Feng wrote:
Hi,

I don't want to intercept the discussion but I'm wondering if we should define the pluggability of the classloading scheme for SCA contributions.

Typically we have the following information for a ready-to-deploy unit:

* The URL of the deploment composite (deployable composite)
* A collection of URLs for the required contributions to support the SCA composite

There are some class relationship defined using "import.java" and "export.java". In different environments, we may need to have different classloaders to deal with java classes in the collection of contributions. Should we define a SPI as follows to provide the pluggability?

public interface ClassLoaderProvider {
// Start the classloader provider for a collection of contributions (deployment unit)
   void start(List<Contribution> contributions);

   // Get the classloader for a given contribution in the deployment unit
   ClassLoader getClassLoaders(Contribution contribution);

   // Remove the contributions from the provider
   void stop(List<Contribution> contributions);
}

This is an interesting proposal but I think it's orthogonal to the discussion we've been having on contribution import cycles and support for partial packages.

Import cycles and partial namespaces are not specific to Java and can occur too with WSDL/XSD. I think we should handle them in a Java (and ClassLoader) independent way.