Raymond Feng wrote:
I was trying to follow the META-INF/sca-contribution.xml pattern as the file name is defined by the spec and we only have at most one definitions.xml in the same contribution. For .java, .compostem .wsdl, and .xsd artifacts, they could have different artifact names, such as A.java and B.java.

There is a difference though. META-INF/sca-contribution.xml is metadata about the contribution, definitions.xml is not.