Hi ,

When I apply binding to my component , the Tuscany seems to be starting a
server on its own on the port i give in the binding uri.
how can i make the component service run in axis2 which i have already
deployed in tomcat.
i.e.  how can i tell the composite file to run the service in axis2
deployed in tomcat which is already running on port 8080.
can you guide me on this.

Regards
Sandeep Raman.

"Simon Laws" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/26/2008 07:41:58 PM:

> [...]
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can the composite file be exposed as a web service to external world.
> > how can i go about it. can you please guide me.
> >
> > regards
> > Sandeep Raman.
> > =====-----=====-----=====
> > Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
> > message and/or attachments to it may contain
> > confidential or privileged information. If you are
> > not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
> > review, distribution, printing or copying of the
> > information contained in this e-mail message
> > and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
> > you have received this communication in error,
> > please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
> > immediately and permanently delete the message
> > and any attachments. Thank you
> >

> > Hi Sandeep
>
> I'm not clear what you mean by "Can the composite file be exposed as a
web
> service.." but you can certainly expose, as web services, component
services
> that a composite file describes. For example, take a look at the
> helloworld-ws-service sample [1]. In the composite file (
> helloworldws.composite) [2] that this sample uses you will see that it
> defines a single component with a single service exposed as a web
service.

> <composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0";
>    targetNamespace="http://helloworld";
>    xmlns:hw="http://helloworld";
>     name="helloworldws">
>
>     <component name="HelloWorldServiceComponent">
>         <implementation.java class="helloworld.HelloWorldImpl" />
>        <service name="HelloWorldService">
>            <interface.wsdl
> interface="http://helloworld#wsdl.interface(HelloWorld)" />
>            <binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8085/HelloWorldService"/>
>        </service>
>     </component>
>
> </composite>
>

> Note that the <binding.ws...> part make the service a web service. So if
> run this sample I can reasonably expect to be able to point my browser
at

> http://localhost:8085/HelloWorldService?wsdl
>

> To see the WSDL description of the web service that is created and to
prove
> that it is running. For this sample there is also a client SCA
application
> [3] that can be used to make a call to this web service.
>
> Hope that helps. Let me know if I'm interpreting the question
incorrectly
> here of if you need more information
>
> Regards
>
> Simon
>
> [1]
> http://svn.apache.
> org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/helloworld-ws-service/
> [2]
> http://svn.apache.
> org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/helloworld-ws-

service/src/main/resources/META-INF/sca-deployables/helloworldws.composite
> [3]
> http://svn.apache.

org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/samples/helloworld-ws-reference/

> ForwardSourceID:NT0000573E
and any attachments. Thank you