Raymond Feng wrote:
I think Simon's proposal should work as follows instead of passing the properties to the createInvoker() call.

public interface Invoker {
   InvokerProperties getProperties(); // Contribute properties
}

public class InvokerProperties {
   public void setAllowsPassByReference(boolean allowsPBR) {
   }
   public boolean allowsPassByReference() {
   }

   // Add more properties without impacting the Invoker interface
   public AnotherPropertyType getAnotherProperty() {
   }

   public void setAnotherProperty(AnotherPropertyType anotherProp) {
   }
}

I'm going to repeat what I said earlier in this thread, but in context now with your code example: This makes extensions depend on a Tuscany implementation class, InvokerProperties.

The getProperties() method will look like {
  return new InvokerProperties();
}

A very slippery slope IMHO.