Simon, that's a good idea. I wish I had captured the output from when it
failed. I removed the plugin and ran "mvn validate" and this time it
worked fine. I don't know whether to :-) or :-(

This time:

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin: checking for
updates from apache.incubator
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin: checking for
updates from codehaus-snapshot
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin: checking for
updates from central
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.1/maven-antrun-plugin-1.1.pom
1K downloaded

Matthew

"Simon Laws" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
25/02/2008 12:06
Please respond to
tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org

tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Problems with maven-antrun-plugin

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Matthew Peters
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I had a problem to do with maven-antrun-plugin while doing a Tuscany
> build, and I mention it in case anyone else ever has the same
difficulty.

> I was starting with a fresh install of maven, and thus a fresh maven
> repository. During the build it wanted to download and install
> maven-antrun-plugin, but could not seem to find it automatically, even
> though it had found and installed hundreds of others with no difficulty.
> went and downloaded three different versions from the maven plugin site
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/ and installed them successfully ...I
> think ....with maven install:install-file etc. etc. but the build was
> still never satisfied. Also, when installed, there was only ever just
the
> jar file inside the repository - other plugins I have installed always
> have a .pom file too. The only way I fixed it in the end was to ask
> someone else to zip up and send me the plugin from their repository -
this
> did include both jar and pom.
>
> So, I don't know why this plugin was different from others, and I assume
> it is a problem that only people starting with a fresh maven will run
> into.
>
> Matthew
>

> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.
3AU

> Hi Matthew

Can you say where maven was trying, and failing, to download the antrun
plugin from in your case. Maybe there is a problem with the repo that
holds
this plugin.

Regards

Simon