On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Matthew Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Simon, that's a good idea. I wish I had captured the output from when it
> failed. I removed the plugin and ran "mvn validate" and this time it
> worked fine. I don't know whether to :-) or :-(
>
> This time:
>
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin: checking for
> updates from apache.incubator
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin: checking for
> updates from codehaus-snapshot
> [INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin: checking for
> updates from central
> Downloading:
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.1/maven-antrun-plugin-1.1.pom
> 1K<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/1.1/maven-antrun-plugin-1.1.pom1K>downloaded
>
> Matthew
>

> "Simon Laws" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 25/02/2008 12:06
> Please respond to
> tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org

> tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Problems with maven-antrun-plugin
>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Matthew Peters
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I had a problem to do with maven-antrun-plugin while doing a Tuscany
> > build, and I mention it in case anyone else ever has the same
> difficulty.
> >
> > I was starting with a fresh install of maven, and thus a fresh maven
> > repository. During the build it wanted to download and install
> > maven-antrun-plugin, but could not seem to find it automatically, even
> > though it had found and installed hundreds of others with no difficulty.
> > went and downloaded three different versions from the maven plugin site
> > http://maven.apache.org/plugins/ and installed them successfully ...I
> > think ....with maven install:install-file etc. etc. but the build was
> > still never satisfied. Also, when installed, there was only ever just
> the
> > jar file inside the repository - other plugins I have installed always
> > have a .pom file too. The only way I fixed it in the end was to ask
> > someone else to zip up and send me the plugin from their repository -
> this
> > did include both jar and pom.
> >
> > So, I don't know why this plugin was different from others, and I assume
> > it is a problem that only people starting with a fresh maven will run
> > into.
> >
> > Matthew
> >

> > Unless stated otherwise above:
> > 741598.
> 3AU
> >

> > Hi Matthew
>
> Can you say where maven was trying, and failing, to download the antrun
> plugin from in your case. Maybe there is a problem with the repo that
> holds
> this plugin.

> [...]
sometimes they don't work and then sometimes they do. It's not so bad when
you are expecting it and can take appropriate action (like you did by
phoning a friend until it sorts itself out). Very much a mystery if its your
first time though.