On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Now that we are near the release of Java SCA 1,2, I'd like to propose
> > changing the trunk pom version to "2-incubating-SNAPSHOT" around the
> > same time we create the SCA 1.2 release branch.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > --
> > Luciano Resende
> > Apache Tuscany Committer
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende><
> http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende>
> > http://lresende.blogspot.com/

> Are the implications of having 2-incubating... that we are due a major
> revision change? In that case what our our plans for.
>
> - development for this new major revision. I imagine for example we might
> want to look at tidying our SPIs but did you have something specific in
> mind?
>
> - support for our 1.x codebase. If the implication of 2-... is that we are
> going to do some big breaking changes then we probably need a 1.x branch
> post 1.2 to allow us to support, for a while,  anyone on the current code.
>
> So the answer here may not be to go directly to 2 on the back of 1.2 but
> get 1.2 out of the door and then branch to 1.x and 2 if that is what
> people
> think is appropriate, i.e. treat release 1.2 and the move toward a new
> major
> revision as separate issues.
>
> Simon

I think the time for v2 is approaching and have suggested it recently:
http://apache.markmail.org/message/ixfiu3zq7xdo34rz

But this is one of the advantages of using the simple "SNAPSHOT" for the
trunk version - we don't need to think about what the next release will be
and would never need to change the trunk version again.