On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:39 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Vamsavardhana Reddy wrote:
> > In that case do we need to make sure that the spec (the next version of
> it)
> > says the same by getting the errata[1] corrected?
> >
> > [1]
> >
> http://www.osoa.org/display/Main/Errata+for+Java+Annotations+and+APIs+V1.00
> >
> > ++Vamsi
> >
>  > Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> >> +1 to report a misplaced annotation as a warning.
> >>
> >> Throwing an exception that'll prevent my application to run just
> because
> >> a harmless annotation was present (and not considered) somewhere in
> part
> >> of my code seems too aggressive to me.
> >> --
> >> Jean-Sebastien
> >>

> I think that the statement "It is an error to use this annotation on an
> interface." in [1] is correct. It is a programming error.
>
> The only thing I'm saying is that the Tuscany runtime should not prevent
> a composite to be deployed and started when one of the classes it
> references contains a programming error.

Hmm...  I will look for other places in the specs that say if something
should be prevented from running and if they use a similar wording in that
case.

> IMO the runtime should warn the user with a 'Hey you've got a
> programming error in one of your classes, an annotation is mis-placed
> and we're ignoring it'.

Should there be a "strict" runtime mode or something that when enabled will
prevent running contributions with this sort of errors??