On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:25 AM, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Luciano Resende <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Please review and vote on the 1.2 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for
> > Java.
> >
> > The artifacts are available for review at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/>
> >

> > This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT
> report,
> > and the Maven staging repository.
> >
> > The eclipse updatesite for the Tuscany Eclipse plugins is available at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/updatesite/<http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/updatesite/>
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Elresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/updatesite/>
> >
> > The release tag is available at :
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.2-RC3/
> >

> > Looks OK to me, here is my +1.
> >
> > --
> > Luciano Resende
> >

> This looks pretty good to me but the problem with building with mvn
> prevents
> complete testing and there's a problem with the legal files being
> duplicated
> in the src distro so we probably need a respin to fix those things.
>
> The things I've found so far are:
>
> - src distro has got two copies of legal files in top level folder
>
> - The update site jars NOTICE file has the project name as ${pom.name}
> instead of Apache Tuscany
>
> - building samples with mvn in bin dsitro fails with
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tuscany/sca/work/WorkScheduler
>        at
>
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.ReallySmallRuntime.start(ReallySmallRuntime.java:102)
>
> - building src distro fails in modules/core with missing class
> WorkScheduler
>
> - INSTALL file mentions doc folder which missing and does not mention
> tutorials folder
>
> - tutorial catalog includes a built webapp is that intentional? And trying
> to deploy that webapp in tomcat gives a SEVERE: Error Starting SCA WebApp
> Node
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.node.webapp.NodeWebAppServletHost
>
> - the README in the tutorial folder doesn't give much info and just points
> to a website page but that page doesn't look finished and gives little
> help
>
>   ...ant

Hi Luciano

Just started checking through RC3. The samples I tried look good. I had
problems with the maven build of the samples but by adding
http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/sca-1.2-RC3/maven/ as a maven
mirror I was able to make progress.

Looking at the LICENSE file. Things in the lib dir but not in the license
file are;

stax-api-1.0-2.jar

Things in the LICENSE file but not in the lib dir are;

commons-cli-1.0.jar
activemq-core-4.1.1.jar
axis2-adb-codegen-1.3.jar
maven-artifact-2.0.2.jar
maven-artifact-manager-2.0.2.jar
maven-error-diagnostics-2.0.2.jar
maven-model-2.0.2.jar
maven-profile-2.0.2.jar
maven-project-2.0.2.jar
maven-repository-metadata-2.0.2.jar
maven-settings-2.0.2.jar
opensaml-1.1.jar
wagon-file-1.0-alpha-7.jar
wagon-http-lightweight-1.0-alpha-6.jar
wagon-provider-api-1.0-alpha-6.jar
xbean-2.1.0.jar
xmlParserAPIs-2.6.2.jar
jaxen-1.1-1.jar
stax-api-1.0.2.jar

Before I carry on checking other things, what's the protocol for making
changes to the 1.2 branch? Shall I report them here and go in and fix them
or do you want to make the changes yourself?

Regards