I think we should keep the following piece. As the comment
said,"create a remote service ref" , so it can delegate to the binding
implementation to handle remote case.

        // Lookup the component in the domain
        Component component = componentManager.getComponent(componentName);
        if (component == null) {
            // The component is not local in the partition, try to
create a remote service ref
            return createServiceReference(businessInterface, name);
        }

I agree if we already find the component ( component !=null case), we
should check if the service is defined on the component and throw the
service not found exception if it is not defined. I think the current
implementation already does it in the ComponentContextImpl...

Yang.