Richard Mah wrote:
Can someone point me to some examples or info on how I can register ModuleActivators without specifying a META-INF/services/org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.ModuleActivator file.

I'm assuming that you only want to run a subset of Tuscany, not the whole Tuscany runtime. The simplest then is to do this:

ExtensionPointRegistry extensionPoints =
        new DefaultExtensionPointRegistry();

ModuleActivator activator = new YourModuleActivator();
activator.start(extensionPoints);

Basically new up your ModuleActivator and call its start method.

Which ModuleActivators are you interested in initializing that way?