ant elder wrote:
Do we really need these as they are today? Currently they contain copies of
various Axis2 classes updated for Tuscany so its not a completely trivial
upgrade to move to Axis2 1.4 and while looking at that I wondered what we
really want them for.

The Java2WSDL tool doesn't look like its actually used anywhere by any of
the Tuscany samples or demos or anything. We have all the new runtime
Java2WSDL code so ideally we'd move to that instead of using all the patched
Java2WSDL classes. WSDL2Java is only used by one BPEL sample, the other
samples needing that type of thing use the SDO tools directly to gen Java
classes from XML schema. We've now changed all the runtime to use jaxb and
jaxws so should we look at using the tools for those instead of the Axis2
WSDL2Java tool?

Any one have any thoughts?

   ...ant

Ant,

Whoa there....

One of the main points of having Tuscany tools in this area is to assist developers who are having to use WSDL and who want to use SDOs in their Java code. If we get rid of the Tuscany tools, how are developers supposed to handle this?

Yours,  Mike.