I had an offline chat with Rajini.  It seems we need just the framework jar
of felix in the distro,  but if the dependency on felix is declared as test
scope in the pom,  then that jar is not available to main phase of the
build.  If its not declared as test scope then we get 5 felix jars in the
binary distro.  Rajini's going to take a look when she gets some time.

Kelvin.