Jim Marino wrote:

On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Francesco Furfari wrote:

Thank you Jean-Sebastian,
I was supposing that it wasn't so easy to answer, especially to my last question, but it didn't discourage me from continuing ;-).

Just to inform you, there was general consensus respect the SCA initiative, as well as caution because the work is still in progress. Obviously there were also motivations against the SCA adoption as for example the reuse of code already developed by the involved partners ;-). But we are still defining the conceptual model so there is room for any (maybe mixed) solution ... people asked me references.

What I haven't found is a roadmap about the SCA specification, even an approximate date for the version 1.0 can ease managers to go over their hesitation (but I understand that it can produce negative effects). Working in team we are particularly interested in the deployment aspects of a service networks, so next months I've intention to investigate such area to give them a practical demo of how SCA can help our collaborative work.

Ciao Francesco,

The SCA specification is targeting Q1 this year. Are you specifically interested in the Java implementation, C++ implementation or both? I'm happy to help answer any questions you have on the former as well as the SCA specs.

I think the system core will be based on Java platform, but some components could be developed in C++ or PHP as well. Personally I'm going to use Java, and I'm also interested to use OSGi framework. I saw that there is already an OSGi module in the trunk, I have just compiled it but not tested yet.

francesco

Buon anno!

Jim