According to the SCDL schema, the implementation.* element must come
first in a service or reference.  This is what the
  <element ref="sca:implementation" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" />
line in the schema is saying.

The message is telling you that the SCDL has elements appearing in a
different order.  (See TUSCANY-1738.)  The message is only a warning,
and the SCDL will be processed successfully.  To eliminate the message,
reorder the SCDL so that the implementation.java element comes first.

  Simon

Radim Kolarik wrote:

Hi Sebastien,

thanks for your help! It was the the custom Web container property as
described in the WebSphere fixpack.

I can also confirm now that it works with 6.1.0.11 fixpack as well, if
the property is set.

In the log file, however, we are getting something I am not sure we
were getting before:

[20/09/07 10:47:17:187 BST] 00000036 ValidatingXML W   XMLSchema
validation problem in:
file:/c:/Program%20Files/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/vws/installedApps/vws/example-sc-0_0_1_war.ear/example-sc-0.0.1.war/WEB-INF/classes/example-sc.composite,
line: 12, column: 7
cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with
element 'implementation.java'. One of
'{"http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0":service,
"http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0":reference,
"http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0":property}' is expected.

Do you have an idea what could be wrong?

It looks to me that in http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0/sca-core.xsd
the following code suggests that only service, reference or property
elements are possible within the component:

- <sequence>
  <element ref="sca:implementation" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" />
- <choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
  <element name="service" type="sca:ComponentService" />
  <element name="reference" type="sca:ComponentReference" />
  <element name="property" type="sca:Property" />
  </choice>
  <any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />
  </sequence>

We also have implementation.java there and it seems to be a valid
option based on several examples, including examples in the spec.

Thanks,
Radim