To: <tuscany-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 9:23 PM
Subject: retrieve name of component in artifact processor

folks,

I'm writing a component impl type and in my artifact processor I would need
the name attribute from a component defined in the composite file to be
able to use a constistant  resolving mechanism for my componentType files
that describe the component.

Example:
<component name="FooComponent">
 <tuscany:implementation.splice baseDir:="src/test/resources/flowdir/"
path="echo" url="echo" contentType="text/plain" />
 <reference name="..." />
</component>

Is there a way to get that name (FooComponent) in the read() or resolve()
method of the StAXArtifactProcessor implementation reading the
implementation.splice attribute? The FooComponent.componentType is then
used to describe the component, its references, etc.

I could not figure out a way to retrieve it, probably I missed something.

Thanks,
-Florian