Hi Bentley

Some comments/questions below

Regards

Simon

On Nov 21, 2007 7:04 PM, Bentley Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It seems that both the default SCA binding for Remotable Interfaces and
> the
> basic WS binding are being restricted to the services following the
> wrapper

It certainly use doc/lit/wrapped by default and WSDL generated by Tuscany
Java2WSDL will use this style.  The SCA WebService spec says that, when the
web services binding points to separately authored WSDL files, it allows
anything that is valid in the WSDL binding. I can't guarantee that this
actually works at the moment as I would need to try it but the
specifications intention is that it is supported.

> style. This is being set within the
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Java2WSDLHelper class in the
> createWSDLInterfaceContract method. From my understanding, this implies
> that
> all methods in the service must have a return type that is not void and
> that

You should be able to have a void return type. There is an itest that shows
an example (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/itest/ws-void-args-return/
)

> overloaded methods are not allowed.

 Do you mean WSDL operations with the same name but with different
parameters?

> Is there a way to set it to not use the wrapper style or is it just the
> standard that is used by the SCA binding and must be followed?

I think the intention is that any web services communications that go on
under Tuscany's control, e.g. where the remote version of the SCA binding is
in use, choose the doc/lit/wrapped style and stick with that. If alternative
styles are required then this would be configured using a
separately/manually authored WSDL to describe what style is required.  I
would imagine this would very likely to be the case if SCA is configured to
talk to web services that are provided by other, non-SCA, systems. Here you
would expect to be able to get the WSDL from the service provided. Do you
have a scenario that requires the use of something other than the
doc/lit/wrapped style in the case that one SCA component is talking to
another SCA component with the same domain?