On Dec 6, 2007 1:32 PM, Simon Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that this would be useful.  The place to enable it would be the
> SCA Domain.  The Domain doesn't currently have APIs to list or search
> for services.   We could add APIs that do this, or we could add an SPI
> that allows a registry to plug in to the Domain and be informed whenever
> services are added or removed.  The latter seems better to me, as it
> would be easier to keep the registry in sync with the Domain.  I'd be
> interested in other views on this.
>
>   Simon
>
> Miroslav Novak wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  SCA allows to describe components (services) in a standard way. It
> would be
> > nice to expose this information so that it can be automatically
> discovered
> > and stored in a repository. Later, when developers are about to create a
> new
> > component, they can search existing SCA components that they could
> reuse.
> >
> > Do you plan to expose definition of SCA components via some API?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Mirek

> Hi

I agree this would be a useful thing to do. Maybe we need both approaches.
Consider these.

1/ Some 3rd part resgistry wants to keep in synch with the service endpoints
that are running within the SCA domain. I think that in this case having an
interface where a listener can register for service registration change
events would be a sensible approach.

2/ A users wants to retrieve service information from the domain in order to
browse service registrations through some management GUI. In this case we
can to be able to retrieve all services or services by name. So in this case
the interfaces which allows information on named services to be retireved
seems most appropriate.

As it happens the Nodes currently register with the Domain and then use and
interface to find named service information (like 2) . However I really need
to flip this round and broadcast information to nodes as services come and
go (like 1). Doing this is actually fairly straightforward however, as is
always the case with these things, the hard part is what the interface
should look like. I need to expand this as currently the node
implementations don't any account of policy at the domain level. They should
do. I would like to have the ability to get at the full definition of a
service and the bindings it has. I may even be better to allo a complete
component definition to be moved about.

Regards

Simon