Hi,

Could you please give a little more detail on what exactly is duplicated ?

I suppose you are debugging to understand control flow and what you observe
is pretty much the expected behaviour.

Implementation Types (and Binding Types) are extensions to the Tuscany
Runtime.  The ModuleActivator is the mechanism by which the extensions strap
on to the runtime.  Typically in the ModuleActivator you setup or initialize
various things that your extension runtime needs.  For example in our java
runtime module activator we set up various 'visitors' that we employ to
introspect 'implementation code' amongst other things.  This is a one time
activity as your extension runtime needs to get strapped onto the core.

After this, for every component that uses the implementation type in
question, the core runtime calls various methods of the corresponding
ImplementationProvider to deal with things such as creating an instance of
the implementation, configuring it with component property and reference
configurations, getting a handle to a invoker and so on.

I hope this helps you either clear up a few more things or come up with more
questions.  Please feel free to ask.  Thanks

- Venkat