Chelan Farsight wrote:
Okay this is a real question I have and I am not trying to defend the
actions of Mr. Chui. I simply wanted to make sure that I have joined
the right list. Are we allowed to ask total n00b questions on this
list?

Yes, this list is specifically for total n00bs and other beginners (and people who like to answer beginners' questions :-)

If not what level of understanding is presumed before someone
should post a question?

None. A reasonable level of *effort* is appreciated. You will get better results if you try something and ask for help when you get stuck, and if you take the time to write a clear question.

Again, please do not misunderstand, I have no qualms with *refusing*
to do someone's homework for them. I just want to make sure that
total newbies are welcome here.

Yes, definitely.

Kent