Hello everyone,

I am working with a registration system for my website in mod_python. I needed to send mail to registered users for confirmation. Since I can't use my ISP's smtp server, I used yahoo's smtp server and my yahoo username and password  to connect and send mail using this script (see below). But I get the following error.

"Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "mail.py", line 12, in ?
    session = smtplib.SMTP(smtpserver)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/smtplib.py", line 255, in __init__
    addr = socket.gethostbyname(socket.gethostname())
socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not known')
"

I got this script from some website I can't remember and just changed some values to get it to work. Is is possible to send mail like this? Is there any other easy way to do this?

Thanks for your time.
---------------------------
import smtplib

smtpserver = 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com'
AUTHREQUIRED = 1
smtpuser = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' smtppass = '[snip]'

RECIPIENTS = ['[EMAIL PROTECTED]']
SENDER = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
mssg = "mod python"

session = smtplib.SMTP(smtpserver)
if AUTHREQUIRED:
    session.login(smtpuser, smtppass)
smtpresult = session.sendmail(SENDER, RECIPIENTS, mssg)

--
Intercodes