Thanks for the details, I see several code bits I'll have to play with.

I got the screen clearing bit no problem, thanks for that one. I'm still
not used to being able to just use c libraries.

I don't actually have a need to draw the cursor all over the screen for
any practical application either personal or work, but I've got a bit of
a fascination with linux terminals being able to draw progress bars or
"busy" animations and figured I'd have a little fun. :] I came across
"curses" which looks to be included in activepython so that might be of
some use for my linux programming.

Thanks again.