Good morning Users,

I've had a quick scan around and can't find a way to identify the user
who is logged in on the machine while a script is running? I've seen a
few mentions of it being possible using bits of the win32 library but
I would have liked my software to be portable with no adjustments.

How can I run a script in the background? I will be writing a
(prototype) machine control interface and would like the users to be
able to log out, but leave the script running. When the next user logs
in they can open up a portal (preferably in the system tray) to give
them control of the system again. When I link this to the user
identification I would be able to vary the access to the machine
depending on the access rights of the user.

Thank you in advance of any help.

Wesley Brooks.