Max Jameson wrote:
> I know this is totally off-the-wall, but what am I doing wrong here?  I
> am using Python 2.5, and I am just learning...please be kind!
>

>  >>> aList = [2,3]
>  >>> bList = [5,7,9]
>  >>> aList.append(bList)
>  >>> print aList
> [2, 3, [5, 7, 9]]
>  >>> print aList [1] [2]

What did you expect to happen here?
alist[1][2] is the same as (alist[1])[2]; in other words, it is the
third item in the second item in alist. The second item (alist[1]) is
the integer 3 which is not subscriptable; if you try 3[2] at the
interactive prompt you will get the same error.

If you are trying to get the elements of bList out of aList you should
try alist[2][0], alist[2][1] etc.

Kent