Thanks for the clarification, but I'm still a tad confused.  I'm not sure when
to indent.  I understand that it has to be done.  That link was really
confusing.  Very newb non-friendly.  Arrg... That site is doom.  So confusing.
I need somewhere to start from the beginning.  This site uses all kinds of big
words and doesn't explain things in a clear manner.  Oh well.  Thanks for the
help, though.Au> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: tutor@python.org> Date: Thu, 24
May 2007 15:30:34 -0400> Subject: Re: [Tutor] trouble with if> > >I'm not sure
what the whole indentation thing is for.  And now I'm having > >trouble with
the if statement things.> > Maybe your if statement troubles have been solved
by others by now, but I'll > just add that "the indentation thing" is a vital
feature of Python, it is > the way to separate code blocks.  Other languages
uses other means, like > curly braces, etc.  I get the sense those who like
Python enjoy indentation > because it forces the code to be quite readable, and
I agree.  See this:> >
http://www.diveintopython.org/getting_to_know_python/indenting_code.html> >
Also, as mentioned previously, keep in mind that 2 is not the same as "2" > and
"=" is not the same as "==".  The single "=" is used to assign names to >
objects, whereas the == is for evaluating something, so for if statements > use
== and not =.  Also note you can put "and" along with if, so you can say> > if
x == "mom" and y == "dad":>     print "my parents"> > and lots of other stuff.>
Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows > Live
Hotmail. >
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507>