Hi

I am new to python programming and also the linux enviroment most of my
skills are windows based and programming skills is visual basics. I decided
that it would be a great start and new direction for me to learn python and
at the same time linux. However I have already run into a wall, and any help
would be appreciated even if you can direct me where to find the info or
'turor'.

I am running Fedoracore 7 and Python 2.5

In windows, if i write a program in Python and save it I then can simply
double click the icon and the program will execute in a console window. Now
under Fedoracore I write my program in gedit save it in my
\home\(username)\python directory, when I double click it, it opens up agian
in gedit. Now true it is maybe a simple error from me but mostly it is me
that don't know how to work with python on linux.

I would like to know how do I test(run) the programs I write under
fedoracore?

Simple yet challanging for me,

Your patience and wisdom on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Digitalhobo