On 11/6/07, Kent Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:
> > On 06/11/2007, Michael H. Goldwasser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>    We are pleased to announce the release of a new Python book.
> > I thought this list was supposed to be clean from commercial advertisements.
>
> I don't think there is a specific rule about that. I'm happy to have
> on-topic announcements which I think this is. IIRC I announced the new
> edition of Learning Python and Wesley Chun announced the new edition of
> his book, Core Python.

i also make announcements for my upcoming public Python courses, which
happen b/w 2-4 times a year.  it's very infrequent, and although could
be seen as commercial advertisments, is definitely for the benefit of
the community and helps put food on my table.  some have complained
about it, but many more others have said things to the effect of,
"*thanks* for posting your course announcements... i've been wanting
to take your class," or "i wouldn't have been able to find out about
it any other way," etc.  bottom line:

if infrequent:
    GOOD
else: