On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Lie Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree it is very powerful, at its time, when computers are
> keyboard-only and terminal-only. But now, most of its power is largely
> redundant and is pale compared to modern text-editor that do acknowledge
> mouse as a primary input device.

I've never met anyone who could edit faster with a mouse than I can with my
basic knowledge of vi.

Bottom line - you don't like to use vi (or prefer to use your mouse).

Those of us who use vi have experienced its benefits. (And using visual mode
to yank helps eliminate counting errors ;) )

Neither of us will change, and making arguments to the contrary is worse
than arguing about religion (although one could very well argue that choice
of editors is practically a religion, and I'm sure there are many folks out
there who defend their editor more than their religion).

Bottom line v.2, People should use what works best for them.

-Wayne