On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Jason DeBord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The following for example:
>
> from mod_python import apache
>
> def handler(req):
>     req.write("Hello World!")
>     return apache.OK
>
> Frankly, I don't understand what is going on in the above. This is a bit
> different compared to what I am used to.
>
> So, my question, would you all please point me to some introductory
> resources, tutorials, books, that focus on Python programming for the web?

You might start with some general Python tutorials. Try one of these
lists, depending on your background:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers
http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers

Presumably you have found the mod_python docs? It has a tutorial also:
http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/

You don't say why you chose mod_python...you should know that writing
directly to mod_python is not the most popular method of writing
Python web apps. It is fine for something simple but for complex apps
you might want to look at one of the Python web frameworks such as
Django, TurboGears or web.py.

Kent