This program generates a report of a Linux System and some important .conf files. The goal is for users to be able to post their information and compare with others, ask for help etc. Am I using the subrocess module too much because I am comfortable with the commands? Should I just write this type of program in bash. I am trying to get rid of all the comments generated in the report. I got rid of blank lines and lines starting with #. But can not figure out how the get rid of a line like;
        #This is a comment with 5 spaces
I never programed before so everything is new to me.
Here is my code;
http://asterisklinks.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:gentoo_report
The report it generates is at the bottom. I didn't want to post it all here.
Thanks,
-david