Title: Signature.html
On a branch off this thread, I've mentioned a problem with this approach. It seems right, but I haven't bridged it yet. Do you have some simple Tk Python code that shows how to do this?

Alan Gauld wrote:

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote

Signature.htmlAnother thought occurred to me about this situation.
Suppose I have a dialog with two Entry objects in a dialog object called TwoEntries:
   entry1 = Entry(master, width=10).grid(row=4, column=1)
   entry2 = Entry(master, width=10).grid(row=5, column=1)
and I do not use a StringVar to return the values entered.
Is it possible to reach inside TwoEntries, after returning from it,
and grab entry1 and 2? It would seem so if the call was dialog=TwoEntries(...).

Sure, just use

x = dialog.entry1.get()
y = dialog.entry2.get()

There really is nothing special going on.

 I have no idea of the history of these variables, but they have
very limited descriptions and examples.

I assume because they have a very simple and specific purpose.
There is probably more on them if you look at the original Tcl/Tk
documentation. Remember Tkinter is just a wrapper arpund Tcl/Tkl
and Tk has been around for a long time (20 years now)

Alan G.

                In mathematics you don't understand things.
                 You just get used to them. -- John Von Neumann
                    (P.S. The same is true in life.)

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>