Hi, Can anybody tell me how to send an email to a recipient using PythonI am
trying to send an email using GmailI create an instance of  smtplib and use
:x=smtplib.SMTP(sever,port) and then x.login(user,pwd)I try to send the email
usingx..sendmail(SENDER, RECIPIENTS, msg)But I get the following errorTraceback
(most recent call last):File "C:UsersAvisDesktopMail.py", line 13, in session =
smtplib.SMTP(smtpserver,port)File "C:Python26libsmtplib.py", line 239, in
init(code, msg) = self.connect(host, port)File "C:Python26libsmtplib.py", line
295, in connectself.sock = self.getsocket(host, port, self.timeout)File
"C:Python26libsmtplib.py", line 273, in getsocketreturn
socket.createconnection((port, host), timeout)File "C:Python26libsocket.py",
line 498, in createconnectionfor res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0,
SOCKSTREAM):socket.gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failedThis is in Windows
Vista and I am trying to connect to "smtp.gmail.com" with port 465