Title: Signature.html
Working with Tkinter is like trying to dig through fossils. So much out there is old or incomplete. It's like the Tk species went extinct. The trail seems to end in 2005. I think I read it's not quite dead, and a newer looking is coming.

Alan Gauld wrote:
"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote

I've poked around at the pieces of the book in Subject, which are on the web
It was published in 2000, first ed. It looks quite good, and certainly is big,

About a third of it is reference material. Not a bad thing, I use it a lot, but
other sources have the same stuff. A lot is PMW which although still active
I think, is no longer the only add on toolkit. Indeed Tix is now partof the
standard library and adds a lot of the same sort of things. (Tabbed notebooks
etc)

The other oddity is a fair portion of the book is taken up with building
photo-realistic UIs. This is not something I've ever found a need for!
It is quite impressive but of distinctly limitedvalue for most programmers
IMHO.

I'd like to think the author is going to produce another version.

I've seen no signs of that. And although some of the newer widgets
are not included very little of the book is out of date.

OTOH if you just need a reference the "Tcl/Tk in a Nutshell" by O'Reilly
might suit just as well and is available very cheaply second hand
on Amazon... It is my second most used Tk source. (after Lundh's
online reference, Grayson is my third!) It also covers Tix.

Alan G.

                Life is one damn thing after another."
                     -- Mark Twain