Well, after all that churning hours ago before the PC went down, it actually set up the newreader.

Wayne Watson wrote:
Thanks.

My computer continued to struggle. An hour later it was so bad I rebooted. Nothing like cleaning house. I seem to go for about 5-7 days, then things get clogged up. Running fine now. I think I'll be able to set up the newsreader now without any trouble.

Alan Gauld wrote:

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net> wrote

As I wander around the internet trying to get info from Lundh,
New Mexico, and other sites, I wonder if, in particular
New Mexico is not using the "new" Tkinter. How would I know?

Nobody is using the new version yet, it's targetted
for 3.1 and 2.7 - both are the "next" releases of Python
oin their respective streams.

But most of the existing documentation doesn't even cover the
newer widgets added since 2.x - and none that I know of
covers Tix at all.

Still waiting for the wizard.

There are lots of news readers around.
Which OS are you on? There is also the web page which only
requiires a browser, but the gmane archive is much easier
accessed by a newsreader IMHO.

 ================
February 03, 2009
Ttk support in Python.
Guilherme Polo passed along the great news that his pyttk module
has been accepted into Python's standard library. Â

That means we should see pyttk generally available with Python 2.7 and 3.1
(both still in development). Â You can see the current docs here. Â And of
course, this is something I was waiting for before updating TkDocs with
Python info and examples.
Signature.html

                Life is one damn thing after another."
                     -- Mark Twain