Title: Signature.html
I'm tossing in the towel on this one. I have an acceptable way to put in a few lines like:
Latitude BOX   Longitude BOX
Instead of prototyping it separately from the main program, I just went directly to the author's code, and put the lines in the common style he used. It got Latitude lined up to the left along with reasonable positions for the other entries  he used in rows above and below where I'm working. The Longitude BOX pair is spread a bit more than I would like. It'll be OK.

It's really too bad that someone doesn't write a fully comprehensible description of grid. Grayson comes close, and maybe even closer than I can imagine, since I only have his chapter 5 to go on. Putting out $50 to get the whole book (digital form) on material that is dated does not seem appropriate. The other choice is  the Python Org recommended (old) Tk/Tcl book, but do I need to spend 3-6 weeks installing and learning to use it, so that I can translate it into Tkinter? Not really. Otherwise, this is too much guess work and experimentation.  The Tkinter  newsgroup is pretty low traffic to get any timely help.

Maybe things will be better with the new Tkinter. This does not look like rocket science. Just missing parts of the story.

                Life is one damn thing after another."
                     -- Mark Twain