Hi,

I am interested in gathering simple weather data using Beautiful Soup, but am
having trouble understanding what I'm doing.  I have searched the archives and
so far haven't found enough to get me moving forward.

Basically I am trying to start off this example:

Grabbing Weather Underground Data with BeautifulSoup
http://flowingdata.com/2007/07/09/grabbing-weather-underground-data-with-beautifulsoup/

But I get to the exact same problem that this other person got to in this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/beautifulsoup/browse_thread/thread/13eb3dbf713b8a4a

Unfortunately, that post never gives enough help for me to understand how to
solve that person's or my problem.

What I want to understand is how to find the bits of data you want--in this
case, say, today's average temperature and whether it was clear or
cloudy--within a web page, and then indicate that to Beautiful Soup.

Thanks,
Che