I think this is b/c I am running 2.5. I also have 2.6 but i am using 2.5 for gnupoly and an older audio lib i have. I ran the listcom below on 2.6 and it worked, so i just have to figure out how that can be written for 2.5. I guess
2.6 has an update to enumerate.

-k

On Aug 29, 2009, at 2:21 AM, afit...@gmail.com wrote:

Enumerate() is returning a tuple, I haven't tested this code but try:
[[x[0],x[1]] for x in enumerate(blah,1)]
------Original Message------
Sender: tutor-bounces+afith13+python=gmail....@python.org
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] packing a list of lists
Sent: Aug 28, 2009 9:49 AM

Thanks for the replies. Though the list comprehension does not work:

TypeError: enumerate() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

On Aug 29, 2009, at 12:20 AM, vince spicer wrote:

      #print foohough I didn't test your code, I think what you are
trying to accomplish can be done using enumerate cleaner

def pack(foo):
   out = []
   for x,y in enumerate(foo, 1):
       out.append((x,y))