"Wayne Werner" <waynejwer...@gmail.com> wrote

I use vim - for me it's the hands-down best editor. I usually have two
terminals (I run linux) open - one for ipython, and one for vim. I usually have vim split into several buffers for each of the files I'm editing, and I
have some nice scripts and plugins that help me edit/modify python code.

But then again I've never worked on any huge (read: 1000+ lines,
unquantifiable "many" files).

I have, same setup except I use a third terminal for actually running
the program for testing.

And of course I use ctags for navigating around from file to file from vim.
If you haven't played with ctags and vim start reading man ctags now! :-)

Alan G