"Alex Hall" <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote

that it will hit. I would like to not instantiate a Harpoon object,
just call the Harpoon's getImpactCoords method and pass it the
required arguments. Is this possible?

Others have pointed out that
a) This is possible using staticmetjhod or classmetjod decorators and
b) it seems a strange choice since you would expect the ability to
use more than one harpoon and hence be better with an instance...

I will add that if you really want a class method then maybe
you can do without the class completely and just use a function?

The usual reason for class methods is to operate on the
class as a whole - ie all instances - it is not to provide functionality
without any instances (except in languages without functions,
like Java, which really use static methods as a kluge to cover
their limitations!)

And functioons are much easiert to write and manage than
instanceless classes!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld