On 14/11/10 22:16, Dawn Samson wrote:
Greetings,

I'm a Python beginner and working my way through Michael Dawson's Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner. I'm stuck in a particular challenge that asks me to write a program that "flips a coin 100 times and then tells you the number of heads and tails." I've been trying to work on this challenge for a while now and can't get it to work (either it has 100 heads or 100 tails). I've been reworking this code many times and currently what I have does not do anything at all at IDLE. Please take a look at my code below:

import random

# set the coin
coin = random.randrange(2)
headsCount = 0
tailsCount = 0
count = 0

# the loop
while count <= 100:
    coin
    if coin == 0:
        headsCount += 1
    if coin == 1:
        tailsCount += 1
    count += 1

print "The number of heads was", heads
print "The number of tails was", tails

raw_input("\n\nPress the enter key to exit.")

Thanks,
S. Dawn Samson
You try to print two variables, "heads" and "tails" which don't exist. The other replies covered the other main problems.